Profile of East Nusatenggara
East Nusa Tenggara Province is located between 7o46'36.34" - 11o00'32.55" South Latitude and 118o55'20.79" - 125o08'22.34" East Longitude.
East Nusa Tenggara Province adjacent to :
- West Nusa Tenggara Province the west,
- Demokratic Republic of Timor Leste in the east,
- Flores Sea in the north,
- Indian Ocean in the south.
The land wide area is around 4.734.990 Ha, spread over 1,192 islands (43 inhabited islands and 1,149 islands are not inhabited)
East Nusa Tenggara Province, with its capital in Kupang is divided into 20 regencies and one city in the seven major islands, namely :
- Samba Island : West Sumba, East Sumba, Southwest Sumba and Central Sumba Regency,
- Timor Island : Kupang, South Central Timor, North Central Timor, Belu and Kupang City,
- Flores Island : East Flores, Sikka, Ende, Ngada, Nagekeo, Manggarai, West Manggarai and East Manggarai.
- Alor Island : Alor Regency,
- Lembata Island : Lembata Regency,
- Rore Island : Rote Ndao Regency,
- Sabu Island : Sabu Raijua Regency.
East Sumba Regency is the widest area with 7.000,50 Km2 (14,37%) , while Kupang City is the smallest with 160,34 Km2 (0,05%).
In 2012 the highest amount of rainfall was 316 mm. The average of air humidity in 2012 in Kupang City was 83%, and the average of temperature was above 28,4oC with maximum 35oC and minimum 23,8oC.
The economic structure in 2012 was dominated by agriculture sector (35,15%), processed (1,42%) and trade (17,76%). The biggest contribution in agriculture sector was cassava, followed by corn, cassava and soybean.
Main commodities of East Nusa Tenggara are from agriculture, plantation, fishery, stockbreed and service sector. Main commodities of agriculture are corn, soybean, sweet potato and cassava. Main commodities of plantation are cocoa, coffee, coconut, clove, cashew, pepper, nutmeg, areca nut, vanilla and tobacco. Main commodities of fishery are fishery catch, fresh water pond culture, sea culture, rice field cultivation and brackish cultivation. Main commodities of livestock are cow, pig, sheep, goat, buffalo and horse. Main commodities of service are nature tourism and culture tourism.
In order to support the economy sector in this province, there are 14 airports namely :
- Eltari Airport,
- Frans Sales Lega Airport,
- Gewayantana Airport,
- Haliwen Airport,
- H.H. Aeroboesman Airport,
- Komodo Airport,
- Lekunik Airport,
- Mali Airport,
- Soa Airport,
- Tambolaka Airport,
- Tardamu Airport,
- Umbu Mehang Kunda Airport,
- Wai Oti Airport, and
- Wonopito Airport.
There are 3 roads, namely :
- goverment road (1.406,68 km),
- regency/city road (15.896,57 km) and
- province road (2.718,89 km).
There are 11 ports, namely :
- Atapupu Port,
- Baranusa Port,
- Ende Port,
- Labuan Bajo Port,
- Larantuka Port,
- Maumere Port,
- Raa-Rote Port,
- Reo Port,
- Tenau-Kupang Port,
- Waikelo Port, and
- Waingapu Port.
Nusa Tenggara Timur Dalam Angka 2014
Central Bureau of Statistics of East Nusa Tenggara Province
Jl. R. Suprapto No.5, Kupang 85111
Telp (0380) 826289
Fax (0380) 839502